Various renters are keen on living more sustainably. And a significant piece of sustainable living is reusing food containers as much as you can. Glass jars are very easy to repurpose for the reason that they can be washed and then re-filled or used to bring about something new. In case you’ve been trying to think of ways to reuse glass jars, here are ten approaches to get you going!
- Store bulk food items. Clean glass jars work well for storing food items bought in bulk, such as nuts and seeds, grains, and baking essentials.
- Quick and easy meals. Clean glass jars are suitable to use for leftovers or to make overnight oats for a wonderful breakfast. For lunch, you can layer salad and toppings in a jar for an easy on-the-go meal.
- Drinks all around! Some glass jars can be repurposed into interesting glassware for beverages. Canning jars are also sturdier as compared to many other kinds of glassware, which makes them appropriate for the dishwasher and to use for any kind of occasion, indoors and out.
- Create a hanging spice rack. Small glass jars can make a creative and organized hanging spice rack for your kitchen. Just screw the lids of baby food jars to the underside of your cabinets, fill the jars with your favorite spices, and twist them on. This idea works great in the garage to store small hardware, too!
- Add natural beauty. For a quick and easy touch of beauty, why not use a glass jar as a vase? Add flowers and water and display them in your favorite spot.
- Light it up. Repurposed glass jars can also be transformed into tealight holders. To create one, load the bottom of an empty glass jar with sand, beads, or tiny pebbles, and add a tealight candle. Display on a table, or put a handle of wire or twine to hang.
- Get down to earth. Another creative way to use glass jars is to create a terrarium. You can utilize soil, pebbles, bark, dried flowers, or anything else you’d prefer to achieve a visually interesting display in a jar. These are ideal for home décor or to give as gifts.
- Give the gift of dessert. By using repurposed glass jars, you can prepare a nice snack for friends and neighbors. Layer the dry ingredients for cookies or brownies in the jar, put a bow and baking instructions, and gift away!
- Helpful home storage. Glass jars are suitable to store small household items, including cotton swabs, makeup, office supplies, and more. For an even more creative twist, you could decorate the jar with paint, markers, or ribbon and then display it on a vanity, shelf, or desk.
- Save it up. If you are saving up for something special, you can utilize a few glass jars to assist you with checking the progress you are making. Glass jars may hold loose coins and bills or even slips of paper. Put them in there and watch your savings grow toward your aspirations!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.